Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tiger Beach November 2008

Photo by Wolfgang Leander

For the next few days I will post in chronological order the notes I took while at Tiger Beach. During that time I will also write about some of the people that made up the group which we coined "Ocean's 11" - we were 11 and on the Ocean (makes sense).

Nov. 9th, 2008:

“I don’t get seasick”

Today begins the adventure and we are setting sail to Tiger Beach in the Bahamas. Hurricane Paloma was supposed to give us a bit of a hard time but nothing to stop this bunch of “Ocean’s 11” and the crew - Dolphin Dream (the boat) is sturdy captained by Scotty.

Ocean's 11 consists of:

Amanda, Fiona, Jupp, Benjamin, Lyn, Bob, Wolfgang, Robert, Dave, Jeff, and me…all dive and shark enthusiast (I believe, if not they will be after this trip).

The night was pretty rough, the boat was rolling from left to right, not from front to back – which makes motion sickness a little easier to come by, so far we have confirmation that no one threw-up – I was sure that I was going to blow, but I think eventually the medicine, exhaustion, and my body getting used to the commotion let me pass out.

Our first stop is Old Bahama Bay on Grand Bahama Island, need to clear Bahamian customs and immigration…I was able to check the “Bahamian” box on the forms, pretty exciting and a great homecoming. Tomorrow we dive – can't wait to get wet.

No comments: