Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fred Buyle


Photo by: Fred Buyle

I had the pleasure to meet Fred during my trip to South Africa and spend some days with him both in and out of the water. Words that best describe him are soft-spoken, humble, and just plain friendly – I am sure he is extremely focused and dedicated, he is a former freediving world champion – of course still a magnificent diver.

Since 2002 Fred began to take photos underwater: no artificial light or scuba tanks…almost like the Wolf if it were not for the digital camera. Fred’s photos are absolutely stunning, some of the best that I have seen which brings me back to his dedication and focus. I have no doubt that he will become top in his class.

Hopefully I will have the chance to dive with Fred again in the near future. I think I got some good shots of him while he was photographing the beautiful ladies.

To learn more about Fred visit his website and be sure to take a look at his photo gallery – I am sure you will agree with me.

3 comments:

Wolfgang Leander said...

Fred: Is this a REAL photograph??? :-) Felix is right: As a photographer you will also become a world-class champion.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful photograph. The depiction of "being as one" with these magnificent creatures gives me chills. Absolutely stunning!
Thanks for sharing these pics!

the One called "Bitey"... said...

awesome shot!!!